How are drug allergies treated?

Most drug allergies don't require treatment because they result in mild reactions that will resolve by simply not taking the medicine anymore. In this case, you must work with the medical team in order to find an alternative treatment. More severe reactions may require medical or supportive therapy at a hospital.
Steven V. Gurland, MD
The symptoms of drug allergies are usually treated with antihistamines. In more severe cases the use of steroids are required. Once identified the drug causing the allergic reaction should be avoided. It is important that you indicate all drug allergies on your medical forms before a Physician starts you on a new medication.

Continue Learning about Allergies

7 Things an Allergist Wants You to Know About Spring Allergies
It’s that time of year again: the flowers are blooming and so are your spring allergy symptoms. If you’re like many people who suffer from this season...
What should I tell other people about my allergy?
It's very important to alert others about allergies, especially if they are severe and life-threaten...
5 Surprising Allergy Triggers
5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers
Watch out for these unexpected causes of allergy flare-ups.
How to Use Devices for Asthma and Allergies