Why should I tell my dentist about my medication allergy?

Jonathan B. Levine, DMD
Prosthodontics
If you’re allergic to penicillin, novocaine or any other medications, always be sure to tell your dentist or hygienist. If you’re unable to take oral antibiotics, your dentist will most likely instruct you to take two grams of ampicilin one hour before the procedure.
Smile!: The Ultimate Guide to Achieving Smile Beauty

Renowned dentist and creator of the GoSMILE product line Dr. Levine offers this complete guide to getting a whiter, brighter smile. 15 photos & illustrations.

Continue Learning about Allergies

Know Before You Go: The Allergist
Know Before You Go: The Allergist
You've noticed, lately, every time you go to your uncle's house, you have problems breathing. Your chest becomes tighter, and you begin coughing or wh...
Are drug allergies inherited?
Drug allergies are not inherited—they are acquired during someone's life. Typically, to develop a tr...
5 Surprising Allergy Triggers
5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers
Watch out for these unexpected causes of allergy flare-ups.
Are Allergies Holding You Back?
Are Allergies Holding You Back?