Why should I tell my dentist about my medication allergy?

Jonathan B. Levine, DMD
Prosthodontics
If you’re allergic to penicillin, novocaine or any other medications, always be sure to tell your dentist or hygienist. If you’re unable to take oral antibiotics, your dentist will most likely instruct you to take two grams of ampicilin one hour before the procedure.
Smile!: The Ultimate Guide to Achieving Smile Beauty

Renowned dentist and creator of the GoSMILE product line Dr. Levine offers this complete guide to getting a whiter, brighter smile. 15 photos & illustrations.

Continue Learning about Allergies

what you should know about your hepa vacuum
you bought the best hepa vacuum money could buy -- and you are still sneezing . your allergy symptoms may be due to dust mites , not pollen . vacuumin...
6 ways to beat spring allergies
6 ways to beat spring allergies
There nothing like the warm , spring weather to make you want to step outside—but there also nothing like nasty spring pollen allergies to make you wa...
what are some common myths about allergies ?
There are many myths about allergies. For example, allergic reactions to pets are usually caused by ...
how to use devices for asthma and allergies