Can an itchy ear be caused by allergies?

Itchy ear problem frequently are due to allergies. People with hay fever notice rather severe itching at times down inside one or both ears.
Itchy ears can be a symptom of allergies. Allergies can cause itching on almost any skin area on your body. Sneezing, runny nose and itchy eyes and ears are some of the most common symptoms of allergies. When your body is exposed to allergens it causes an allergic reaction such as cytokine and histamine release causing the above symptoms. Oftentimes these symptoms can be relieved with over-the-counter antihistamines.

Continue Learning about Allergies

Getting to Know Your Nose
Getting to Know Your Nose
Ever hear that expression, "The answer is as plain as the nose on your face?" Well, when it comes to your nose, you may have more questions than answe...
How can I exercise outdoors safely if I have allergies?
Maybe outdoor exercising sounds lovely to you, but you're worried that being in nature will trigger ...
5 Surprising Allergy Triggers
5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers
Watch out for these unexpected causes of allergy flare-ups.
Are Allergies Holding You Back?
Are Allergies Holding You Back?