Can an allergic reaction cause damage to the brain or lungs?

Sometimes. It depends on the severity of the reaction and the amount of oxygen that got to the brain and lungs during the reaction. There are direct allergies to the lung, such as asthma.

Continue Learning about Allergies

Clear Your Head
Clear Your Head
When it comes to sinus symptoms, it's smart to be a wimp. Really. Because if you feel like you're breathing through a straw, there's pressure around y...
What should I do if I'm allergic to bees and get stung?
If you know you're allergic to bees, you should always have an epinephrine pen on hand. You can get ...
5 Surprising Allergy Triggers
5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers5 Surprising Allergy Triggers
Watch out for these unexpected causes of allergy flare-ups.
What Are Common Foods with Hidden Dairy Products?