What is an anti-IgE medication?

Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
Allergy & Immunology
One of the dreams of allergists is the idea of an "anti-IgE" medication (anti-immunoglobulin E), one that would block the action of the antibody IgE present in the patient from reacting with the offending allergens and so setting off an allergic response. The experimental drug TNX-901, which is noted for its prophylactic use against peanut allergy, was supposed to be such a drug. However, it was discontinued.
Asthma Allergies Children: A Parent's Guide

Asthma and allergies are at epidemic proportions. It doesn't have to be that way. Two experienced pediatric allergists tell everything a conscientious parent needs to know about these conditions,...

Continue Learning about Allergies Treatments

Do's and Don'ts to Calm Watery, Itchy Eyes
Endless sneezing and stuffed-up noses drive most allergy sufferers to see their doctors. But many people put up with itchy, watery eyes and dark under...
Are there alternative treatments for allergies?
Some people find that alternative and natural remedies for allergies, such as herbal medicines ...
How effective is cromolyn nasal spray?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Cromolyn can provide relief of nasal itching, sneezing, and runny nose, but is less effective for re...
How Can I Prevent a Stuffy Nose If I Have Allergies?