Will avoiding allergens reduce my allergy symptoms?

Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
Allergy & Immunology
If the air is completely free of the substances an allergic patient is sensitive to, there will be no allergy symptoms. If someone is dust sensitive, for example, and moves to the top of the Swiss Alps where the air is very clean, cold, and dry, her allergic symptoms will disappear. Similarly, if a cat-sensitive asthmatic gives away his cat, his asthma often improves dramatically.
Asthma Allergies Children: A Parent's Guide

Asthma and allergies are at epidemic proportions. It doesn't have to be that way. Two experienced pediatric allergists tell everything a conscientious parent needs to know about these conditions,...

Continue Learning about Allergies Symptoms

What are some foods that can help reduce allergy symptoms?
A healthy diet won't cure you of your nasal allergy symptoms. But exciting new research suggests...
What determines the severity of an allergy attack?
Severity of an allergy is usually determined by how one's immune system reacts to the allergen, ...
What is the difference between allergy symptoms and allergies?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
Allergy symptoms are not the same as allergies. When someone says they have allergies they often mea...
How Can I Prevent Itchy Eyes If I Have Allergies?