Will avoiding allergens reduce my allergy symptoms?

Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
Allergy & Immunology
If the air is completely free of the substances an allergic patient is sensitive to, there will be no allergy symptoms. If someone is dust sensitive, for example, and moves to the top of the Swiss Alps where the air is very clean, cold, and dry, her allergic symptoms will disappear. Similarly, if a cat-sensitive asthmatic gives away his cat, his asthma often improves dramatically.
Asthma Allergies Children: A Parent's Guide

Asthma and allergies are at epidemic proportions. It doesn't have to be that way. Two experienced pediatric allergists tell everything a conscientious parent needs to know about these conditions,...

Continue Learning about Allergies Symptoms

How can I help prevent allergy symptoms that affect my eyes and eyelids?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If possible, avoid exposure to whatever is causing your eye allergy. If that's not an option, though...
How are skin allergies different from other allergic reactions?
Skin allergies are similar to any other allergies in that they are caused by an overreaction of the ...
What can cause bumps inside my eyelid?
Pull down your lower eyelid and look in the mirror. If you notice little bumps inside the eyelid t...
How Can I Prevent Itchy Eyes If I Have Allergies?