What are symptoms of seasonal allergies?

Symptoms of seasonal allergies include:
  • Runny nose (rhinorrhea)
  • Bouts of sneezing
  • Stuffy nose (congestion)
  • Itchy nose
  • Itchy, watery eyes
  • Dark circles under the eyes (allergic shiners)
  • Itchy palate or throat
  • Ear fullness and popping
  • Pressure in the sinus cavities on either side of the nose and above the eyes

Allergy symptoms may also lead to fatigue, weakness, and disturbed sleep and can significantly affect well-being.

Symptoms of seasonal allergies include runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, and general malaise. If you experience these symptoms in spring or fall and they are relieved by an over-the-counter allergy medicine such as Claritin or Zyrtec, you can safely diagnose yourself with seasonal allergies.

Continue Learning about Allergies Symptoms

What is immunoglobulin E (IgE)?
Paul M. Ehrlich, MDPaul M. Ehrlich, MD
Immunoglobulin E (IgE) is the main antibody seen in allergic disease. Its primary role is though...
What are the symptoms of an allergic reaction?
Dr. Kathleen Handal, MDDr. Kathleen Handal, MD
The signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction are: Mild reaction:  itching, raised red skin ras...
Will avoiding allergens reduce my allergy symptoms?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
If the air is completely free of the substances an allergic patient is sensitive to, there will be n...
How Can I Prevent Itchy Eyes If I Have Allergies?