What are the symptoms of skin allergies?

Symptoms of skin allergies usually include some kind of visible irritation on the skin, as well as itchiness, swelling, and pain. Symptoms usually develop anywhere from a few hours to a few days after exposure to an allergen. One common symptom is hives, which involves red bumps or patches anywhere on the body that can cause itchiness, burning, or stinging. A rash, which can also occur anywhere on the skin, is another common symptom that involves red streaks or patches that may include blisters and is very itchy. Depending on how severe the reaction is, skin allergies may also cause swelling and pain in the affected areas.

Continue Learning about Allergies Symptoms

What are the symptoms of environmental allergies?
The symptoms of environmental allergies vary. Some common symptoms are a runny nose, watery eyes, it...
What are the symptoms of an allergic reaction?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Symptoms of a mild allergic reaction include tingly lips and tongue, feeling sick, stomach pain, run...
What is the difference between allergy symptoms and allergies?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
Allergy symptoms are not the same as allergies. When someone says they have allergies they often mea...
How Can I Prevent Itchy Eyes If I Have Allergies?