What are the symptoms of skin allergies?

Symptoms of skin allergies usually include some kind of visible irritation on the skin, as well as itchiness, swelling, and pain. Symptoms usually develop anywhere from a few hours to a few days after exposure to an allergen. One common symptom is hives, which involves red bumps or patches anywhere on the body that can cause itchiness, burning, or stinging. A rash, which can also occur anywhere on the skin, is another common symptom that involves red streaks or patches that may include blisters and is very itchy. Depending on how severe the reaction is, skin allergies may also cause swelling and pain in the affected areas.

Continue Learning about Allergies Symptoms

Will avoiding allergens reduce my allergy symptoms?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
If the air is completely free of the substances an allergic patient is sensitive to, there will be n...
How can I help prevent allergy symptoms that affect my eyes and eyelids?
Dr. Clifford W. Bassett, MDDr. Clifford W. Bassett, MD
Here are a few practical tips to help prevent allergy symptoms that affect your eyes and eyelids: ...
What are some workplace allergy symptoms?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Workplace allergy symptoms will, as you may have guessed, depend on what you have been exposed to, h...
How Can I Prevent Itchy Eyes If I Have Allergies?