Should I talk to my doctor about my allergy symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If you have a diagnosis determining what your allergy is, and you can easily control your symptoms with medication or by avoiding the allergen, you may not need to talk to your physician further. However, in some cases, it might not be so easy to pinpoint what is the source of your skin allergies. If your symptoms increase or are not being fully treated by your medication, talk to your doctor about your options. In addition, if your condition changes, you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, for example, speak to your physician as certain allergy medications should be avoided during pregnancy.

If you are unsure about anything, always talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Allergies Symptoms

How Can I Prevent Itchy Eyes If I Have Allergies?
What Are the Symptoms of Allergies?
What Are the Symptoms of Allergies?