Should I talk to my doctor about my allergy symptoms?

If you have a diagnosis determining what your allergy is, and you can easily control your symptoms with medication or by avoiding the allergen, you may not need to talk to your physician further. However, in some cases, it might not be so easy to pinpoint what is the source of your skin allergies. If your symptoms increase or are not being fully treated by your medication, talk to your doctor about your options. In addition, if your condition changes, you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, for example, speak to your physician as certain allergy medications should be avoided during pregnancy.

If you are unsure about anything, always talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Allergies Symptoms

What facial markers can indicate that I have allergies?
Clifford W. Bassett, MDClifford W. Bassett, MD
Facial markers that can indicate that you have allergies include allergic shiners (puffiness under e...
What are some workplace allergy symptoms?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Workplace allergy symptoms will, as you may have guessed, depend on what you have been exposed to, h...
How are skin allergies different from other allergic reactions?
Skin allergies are similar to any other allergies in that they are caused by an overreaction of the ...
How Can I Prevent Itchy Eyes If I Have Allergies?