Should I talk to my doctor about my allergy symptoms?

If you have a diagnosis determining what your allergy is, and you can easily control your symptoms with medication or by avoiding the allergen, you may not need to talk to your physician further. However, in some cases, it might not be so easy to pinpoint what is the source of your skin allergies. If your symptoms increase or are not being fully treated by your medication, talk to your doctor about your options. In addition, if your condition changes, you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, for example, speak to your physician as certain allergy medications should be avoided during pregnancy.

If you are unsure about anything, always talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Allergies Symptoms

Can allergy symptoms occur only once a month?
Allergy symptoms can occur once a month. Allergies are related to exposure to things that are ir...
What facial markers can indicate that I have allergies?
Clifford W. Bassett, MDClifford W. Bassett, MD
Facial markers that can indicate that you have allergies include allergic shiners (puffiness under e...
What are the symptoms of skin allergies?
Symptoms of skin allergies usually include some kind of visible irritation on the skin, as well as i...
How Can I Prevent Itchy Eyes If I Have Allergies?