How do I know if there’s an allergic reaction to an insect bite?

Summer is definitely the season for mosquitoes. You need to know when you have an insect bite, what is a normal bite and what is not. A red dot that stings, itches, and goes away in 24 to 48 hours is a normal and typical reaction. An atypical reaction is when perhaps the bite stays red for longer than normal, emits fluid, or when there’s a rash (urticaria), or when there is swelling, or when there is perhaps a systemic reaction.
When there is truly an allergic reaction, a patient may have a systemic effect, such as difficulty breathing, or hives outside the area of ​​the bite. Those are signs and symptoms of a reaction that’s out of the ordinary and more aggressive. And it would require emergency treatment.

Continue Learning about Allergies Symptoms

Should I talk to my doctor about my allergy symptoms?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If you have a diagnosis determining what your allergy is, and you can easily control your symptoms w...
Can allergy symptoms occur only once a month?
Allergy symptoms can occur once a month. Allergies are related to exposure to things that are ir...
What can cause bumps inside my eyelid?
Pull down your lower eyelid and look in the mirror. If you notice little bumps inside the eyelid t...
How Can I Prevent Itchy Eyes If I Have Allergies?