What kind of doctor should I see if I think I have an allergy?

Jim White
A patient may go see an allergist, a physician specializing in the analysis and treatment of allergies. Several tests may be performed to identify the allergy/allergies. After the allergies are identified, the patient may see a dietician to develop a healthy diet avoiding any of the allergy foods.
Start with your primary care provider. They may refer you to an allergy specialist and/or a registered dietitian to help you navigate the food world and avoid the items to which you are allergic.

Continue Learning about Allergies Diagnosis

how are seasonal allergies diagnosed ?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
Seasonal allergies are usually diagnosed because kids start showing symptoms every year around the s...
how are skin allergies diagnosed ?
Skin allergies and their triggers are most commonly diagnosed through skin tests, including scratch ...
when are lab tests needed for diagnosing allergies ?
It's important to pinpoint exactly what's sparking your allergy symptoms in the first place. Even if...
what is patch testing for contact allergic reactions ?
If you already know what is causing your rash, say a new soap or the ring you bought on the street t...