Whom can I contact to help me quit drinking?

If you are ready to quit drinking, contacting your primary care doctor is a great place to start to get help. Your doctor can give you many resources and suggest what may be the best fit for your health situation or lifestyle. Community resources are also available, so contact your local health department for more information.

Continue Learning about Alcoholism

Excess Alcohol Harms Your Breathing
Excess Alcohol Harms Your Breathing
How long can you hold your breath? One minute? Two maybe? How about 24 minutes and 3 seconds? That’s the world record, set by Spanish free diver Aleix...
Are alcohol abuse and alcoholism more harmful to women than to men?
Paul  Hokemeyer, PhDPaul Hokemeyer, PhD
There are three key physical factors that make women more susceptible to alcohol related problems th...
10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse
10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse
Drinking too much alcohol can make your RealAge significantly older.
The Alcoholism Treatment That Helped Danny Bonaduce and Jeremy Miller