What increases my risk for binge drinking?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you are around people who binge drink or drink alcohol to excess, particularly people your own age, you are more likely to binge drink. Societal influences, particularly from peers, have a strong effect on how you consume alcohol. People between the ages of 18 and 25 are more likely to binge drink. Alcohol consumption is highest among this age group.

Continue Learning about Alcoholism

5 Ways to Prevent a New Year’s Hangover
5 Ways to Prevent a New Year’s Hangover
Bring out the sparkly dress, put on your dancing shoes and get ready to celebrate New Year’s! Just remember that no celebration is worth a bad hangove...
What should I do if my husband is drinking a lot and lying about it?
Fredrick WadeFredrick Wade
I think your research of this question is a sound first step on your part! Unless you are truly know...
How common is binge drinking in women and girls?
Binge drinking for women is defined as consuming four or more alcohol drinks (beer, wine or liquor) ...
10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse
10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse
Drinking too much alcohol can make your RealAge significantly older. Overdoing it on the alcohol (guzzling more than two to four drinks daily) can mak...