There is no single cause for binge drinking. The influence of peer groups often plays a role. Certain personality types can be more likely to drink alcohol to excess. Genetic factors may also play a role. A combination of some or all of these factors can influence a person who is binge drinking.
- Q Is one night of binge drinking worse than drinking every night?
- Q Who is most at risk for binge drinking?
- Q How is binge drinking diagnosed?
- Q How does binge drinking affect the body?
- Q What activities should someone who has been binge drinking avoid?
- Q Which women and girls are most likely to binge drink?