There is no single cause for binge drinking. The influence of peer groups often plays a role. Certain personality types can be more likely to drink alcohol to excess. Genetic factors may also play a role. A combination of some or all of these factors can influence a person who is binge drinking.
- Q Is binge drinking a common version of alcohol abuse?
- Q Which women and girls are most likely to binge drink?
- Q What are some increased health risks for women who binge drink?
- Q How common is binge drinking in women and girls?
- Q Does binge drinking run in families?
- Q How can I protect my children from binge drinking?