There is no single cause for binge drinking. The influence of peer groups often plays a role. Certain personality types can be more likely to drink alcohol to excess. Genetic factors may also play a role. A combination of some or all of these factors can influence a person who is binge drinking.
- Q Are there alternative treatments for binge drinking?
- Q Does binge drinking run in families?
- Q How can I protect my children from binge drinking?
- Q What increases my risk for binge drinking?
- Q What is binge drinking?
- Q How common is binge drinking in women and girls?