What are alcohol use problems and alcoholism?

Sheila Dunnells
Addiction Medicine
Alcoholism is a multi-faceted disease. It will affect your health, your relationships, your work, and your spirituality. It can also affect your relationship with the law if you are arrested for a DUI. There is no part of your life that is exempt.

Continue Learning about Alcoholism

Beware of Alcohol Excess
Beware of Alcohol Excess
There was a time when being plotzed was considered funny. Do you remember the comedian Foster Brooks and Dean Martin? Foster, slurring every word: “Ha...
Do I have a drinking problem?
Robert RozsayRobert Rozsay
The best answer I can give is, if you are at a point where you are asking whether you do or do not y...
Alcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital Facts
Alcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital Facts
Harmful alcohol use is responsible for more than 3 million global deaths a year, according to a new World Health Organization report.
How HIV Drove Charlie Sheen Back to Drinking