What activities should someone who has been binge drinking avoid?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

The number one activity someone who has been binge drinking should avoid is driving. It is against the law and can be fatal for the driver and anyone else involved in an accident. In the majority of fatal traffic accidents among 21- to 24-year olds, alcohol was involved. Someone who has been binge drinking should also be wary of falling asleep. The body continues to absorb alcohol during sleep and alcohol poisoning is possible.

Continue Learning about Alcoholism

What's the difference between alcohol abuse and alcoholism?
Alcohol abuse is a clinical diagnosis that differs from alcoholism (alcohol dependence) in that it d...
What should I do if my husband is drinking a lot and lying about it?
Fredrick WadeFredrick Wade
I think your research of this question is a sound first step on your part! Unless you are truly know...
Are women more at risk for developing alcohol related problems?
Dr. Paul  Hokemeyer, PhDDr. Paul Hokemeyer, PhD
Yes. Compared to men, women are at a much higher risk for developing both physical and emotional pro...
10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse
10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse
Drinking too much alcohol can make your RealAge significantly older. Overdoing it on the alcohol (guzzling more than two to four drinks daily) can mak...