How can women reduce risk of injury or illness from drinking alcohol?

To reduce your risk of injury or illness caused by drinking alcohol:

• Don't binge drink.
  • If you do choose to drink alcohol, do so in moderation. This is defined as up to one drink a day for women or two for men.
  • Don’t drink at all if you are under age 21, pregnant or may be pregnant, or have health problems that could be made worse by drinking.
  • Be cautious about consuming drinks if the alcohol content is unknown to you.
  • Don’t begin drinking or drink more frequently on the basis of potential health benefits.

Continue Learning about Alcoholism

5 Ways to Prevent a New Year’s Hangover
5 Ways to Prevent a New Year’s Hangover
Bring out the sparkly dress, put on your dancing shoes and get ready to celebrate New Year’s! Just remember that no celebration is worth a bad hangove...
Whom can I contact to help me quit drinking?
If you are ready to quit drinking, contacting your primary care doctor is a great place to start to ...
10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse
10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse
Drinking too much alcohol can make your RealAge significantly older.
How Elizabeth Vargas Stays Sober
How Elizabeth Vargas Stays Sober