How can women reduce risk of injury or illness from drinking alcohol?

To reduce your risk of injury or illness caused by drinking alcohol:

• Don't binge drink.
  • If you do choose to drink alcohol, do so in moderation. This is defined as up to one drink a day for women or two for men.
  • Don’t drink at all if you are under age 21, pregnant or may be pregnant, or have health problems that could be made worse by drinking.
  • Be cautious about consuming drinks if the alcohol content is unknown to you.
  • Don’t begin drinking or drink more frequently on the basis of potential health benefits.

Continue Learning about Alcoholism

Are there steps I can take to cut down on my alcohol substance abuse?
There are steps you can take to cut down on your alcohol substance abuse. Stock your refrigerator wi...
What should I do if my husband is drinking a lot and lying about it?
Fredrick WadeFredrick Wade
I think your research of this question is a sound first step on your part! Unless you are truly know...
For women, what factors contribute to alcoholism or other substance abuse?
For women, there are a number of factors that contribute to alcoholism or other substance abuse. Sin...
What is binge drinking?
Binge drinking is the term used to describe rapid and excessive consumption of alcohol. It is usuall...