Can binge drinking have long-term effects on my brain?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD

Binge drinking and excessive drinking are not good for any part of the body, but is the damage permanent? In this video, Dr. Robin Miller explains what happens to your brain when you consume large amounts of alcohol.

Continue Learning about Alcoholism

5 Ways to Prevent a New Year’s Hangover
5 Ways to Prevent a New Year’s Hangover
Bring out the sparkly dress, put on your dancing shoes and get ready to celebrate New Year’s! Just remember that no celebration is worth a bad hangove...
Where can I find help to stop drinking alcohol if I am pregnant?
If you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant and cannot stop drinking, get help! Contact your docto...
How can women reduce risk of injury or illness from drinking alcohol?
To reduce your risk of injury or illness caused by drinking alcohol: Don't binge drink. If you d...
10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse
10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse
Drinking too much alcohol can make your RealAge significantly older. Overdoing it on the alcohol (guzzling more than two to four drinks daily) can mak...