Can binge drinking be prevented?

Binge drinking can be prevented. However, it requires good decision-making before and during the consumption of alcohol. Understanding why people binge drink and its seriousness can help to make better decisions. A number of laws and regulations have also been instituted to curtail excessive alcohol consumption. These include placing limitations on the amount and type of advertising that can be done for alcoholic beverages, enforcement of under-age drinking laws, and stricter punishments for drinking and driving violations.

Continue Learning about Alcoholism

Top 10 Drunkest Cities in 2017
Top 10 Drunkest Cities in 2017
You might be living a city full of heavy drinkers—and not even know it. And considering how alcohol can harmfully impact your health, it’s important t...
Whom can I contact to help me quit drinking?
If you are ready to quit drinking, contacting your primary care doctor is a great place to start to ...
10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse
10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse10 Worst Cities for Alcohol Abuse
Drinking too much alcohol can make your RealAge significantly older.
The Alcoholism Treatment That Helped Danny Bonaduce and Jeremy Miller