Can binge drinking be prevented?

Binge drinking can be prevented. However, it requires good decision-making before and during the consumption of alcohol. Understanding why people binge drink and its seriousness can help to make better decisions. A number of laws and regulations have also been instituted to curtail excessive alcohol consumption. These include placing limitations on the amount and type of advertising that can be done for alcoholic beverages, enforcement of under-age drinking laws, and stricter punishments for drinking and driving violations.

Continue Learning about Alcoholism

Stepping Away from Alcohol Use Problems
Stepping Away from Alcohol Use Problems
Running back Ricky Williams gave up his 11-year NFL career, saying “Playing in the National Football League, you're told… where to be, when to be ther...
Do I have a drinking problem?
Renee RossRenee Ross
Do I drink every day? Have I increased my drinking and or the amounts of my intake? Do I have freque...
Alcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital Facts
Alcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital FactsAlcohol Causes 1 in 20 Deaths Worldwide—Plus 5 Other Vital Facts
Harmful alcohol use is responsible for more than 3 million global deaths a year, according to a new World Health Organization report.
The Treatment Jeremy Miller Credits for His Sobriety