How much alcohol can I drink if I'm trying to lose weight?

Manuel Villacorta
For weight loss, there's no specific research, but what I've observed is that men may have six to seven servings per week, while women may have four to five servings per week. Now mind you, a serving is four ounces of wine, a shot of booze, or twelve ounces of beer. And remember, the oversized globe wineglasses in restaurants contain six ounces a pour (one and a half servings). A glass of wine in your house usually equals eight ounces (two servings). Cocktails in restaurants may include two shots and equal two servings.
Eating Free: The Carb-Friendly Way to Lose Inches, Embrace Your Hunger, and Keep Weight Off for Good

Eating Free reveals why the prevailing wisdom on weight loss--low-calorie, no carbs, high-intensity exercise--sharply clashes with the facts of human biology and human nature, setting dieters up for...

Continue Learning about Alcohol and Weight Loss

how many calories are in alcohol ?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Summer provides many opportunities to enjoy our favorite cocktails. However, if you're counting ...
can i drink alcohol if i want to lose weight ?
Manuel VillacortaManuel Villacorta
Drinking alcohol is definitely a choice that only you alone can make. I believe that moderation is k...
how does drinking alcohol cause weight gain ?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
Alcohol contains calories just like food. If you do not take into account these extra calories, you ...
how can i cut calories from alcohol ?
how can i cut calories from alcohol ?