Can I drink beer if I want to lose weight?

F. Michael Gloth, III
Geriatric Medicine
Lower-calorie choices are available for beer. Most light beers contain 90-100 calories per 12 oz. Michelob Ultra is an attractive option because it is low in both carbohydrate and fat. Amstel Light has the same number of calories with about twice the number of carbohydrates and protein as Michelob Ultra, making the trade-off with carbohydrates and proteins a reasonable option as well. Most other light beers are similar in their effective calorie content, so taste can be the determining factor in your choice.
Fit at Fifty and Beyond: A Balanced Exercise and Nutrition Program (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

As people reach their fifties, the body’s metabolism slows. Without a change in eating or exercise habits, it’s common to put on weight and become less able to perform routine physical...

Continue Learning about Alcohol and Weight Loss