When should I call my doctor if I have a hangover?

Hangover symptoms include headache, dizziness, upset stomach, fatigue, and nausea. Symptoms usually disappear within 24 hours. If your hangover lasts longer than that or if you have tremors, blackouts, or blood in your vomit, call your medical professional immediately. These are serious symptoms that require medical attention.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

Alcohol and Cancer: What's the Connection?
Drinking is associated with a laundry list of health risks—more than 200 if you’re keeping track. The more you drink, the greater your risk for one or...
How can I protect myself against drunk drivers?
Your best defense against a drunk driver is to buckle up every time. Every person in every seat shou...
8 Subtle Ways Alcohol Is Hurting Your Health
8 Subtle Ways Alcohol Is Hurting Your Health8 Subtle Ways Alcohol Is Hurting Your Health8 Subtle Ways Alcohol Is Hurting Your Health8 Subtle Ways Alcohol Is Hurting Your Health
Feeling down, tired or broke after having a few drinks? Learn to recognize the not-so-obvious ways that alcohol can affect your overall quality of lif...
Beer Is Good for Your Heart, Too!
Beer Is Good for Your Heart, Too!