When should I call my doctor if I have a hangover?

Hangover symptoms include headache, dizziness, upset stomach, fatigue, and nausea. Symptoms usually disappear within 24 hours. If your hangover lasts longer than that or if you have tremors, blackouts, or blood in your vomit, call your medical professional immediately. These are serious symptoms that require medical attention.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

Is There a Safe Amount of Alcohol?
Is There a Safe Amount of Alcohol?
If you relax or unwind with an occasional beer or glass of wine, you may be wondering if this habit is good for you, bad for you—or maybe somewhere in...
Which is healthier, vodka or brandy?
Brandy is better for you than vodka. Learn why in this video with Dr. Oz.  
What are some health concerns involved with the use of powdered alcohol?
Yael S. Varnado-Rhodes, MDYael S. Varnado-Rhodes, MD
The use of powdered alcohol is concerning because we don't know exactly what compounds are in it, so...
Kym Whitley Does a Simulated Drunk-Driving Course