What is the effect of alcohol on men’s health?

Ronald Tamler, MD
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Although a moderate amount of alcohol, such as a glass of red wine a day, may offer health benefits, men should restrict alcoholic beverages to less than two drinks a day. More than that can increase their risk of liver disease. In addition, men who drink 50 grams or more of alcohol a day (roughly four beers) also increase their risk of developing prostate cancer. Finally, alcohol can also suppress testosterone production.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

Combating Drunk Driving in Hawaii
Combating Drunk Driving in Hawaii
Drunk driving is a crime. Getting behind the wheel while intoxicated not only puts your life in danger, it puts the lives of innocent victims at risk....
How is powdered alcohol taken?
Yael S. Varnado-Rhodes, MDYael S. Varnado-Rhodes, MD
Powdered alcohol is taken by adding liquid to the packet of product and shaking it up. In this video...
How much alcohol should I drink daily to help my heart?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The Mayo Clinic reports that having one or two drinks per day could lower your risk of heart disease...
Why Craft Beer Is Better
Why Craft Beer Is Better