What are easy ways to treat hangovers?

The most effective way to treat a hangover is to prevent it by abstaining from alcohol or having only the recommended number of drinks. The Centers for Disease Control recommends that women consume no more than one alcoholic beverage per day. For men, it is two. There are no easy ways to treat a hangover when it happens. Drinking plenty of water is important since alcohol causes dehydration. For headaches or nausea, taking over-the-counter aspirin or anti-nausea medication is helpful.
Dr. Robin Miller, MD
A night out on the town can quickly get out of hand. Robin Miller, MD, talks in this video about the best ways to treat a hangover.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

Is There a Safe Amount of Alcohol?
Is There a Safe Amount of Alcohol?
If you relax or unwind with an occasional beer or glass of wine, you may be wondering if this habit is good for you, bad for you—or maybe somewhere in...
What is arctic root?
Natural products found around the world are increasingly being used to treat problems such as st...
Should I drink in moderation to protect my heart?
Randolph P. Martin, MDRandolph P. Martin, MD
Modest to low intake of alcohol on a regular basis has been known to decrease your chance of a heart...
Does Your Face Flush After Drinking Alcohol?