What are the treatment options for hangovers?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

The best treatment for a hangover is time. While you're waiting to feel better, you may be able to help things along by drinking plenty of water and having a light snack if your stomach can take it. Keep the snack bland; try crackers or dry toast. Fluids such as fruit juice and bullion will help hydrate you and replace lost electrolytes. Getting some rest and taking a pain reliever can also help alleviate hangover symptoms.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

Can drinking alcohol cause vitamin deficiencies?
Dariush Mozaffarian, MDDariush Mozaffarian, MD
Heavy drinking is known to cause folic acid deficiency. And even moderate drinking -- about one drin...
What is low-risk drinking?
Low-risk drinking is defined as drinking within the recommended limits published by the National Ins...
How can I help prevent drunk driving?
Everyone can help prevent drinking and driving by choosing not to drink and drive and help others do...
How much alcohol should I drink daily to help my heart?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The Mayo Clinic reports that having one or two drinks per day could lower your risk of heart disease...