What are the treatment options for hangovers?

The best treatment for a hangover is time. While you're waiting to feel better, you may be able to help things along by drinking plenty of water and having a light snack if your stomach can take it. Keep the snack bland; try crackers or dry toast. Fluids such as fruit juice and bullion will help hydrate you and replace lost electrolytes. Getting some rest and taking a pain reliever can also help alleviate hangover symptoms.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

Surprising Reasons for Your Hangover, According to Science
Whether you're having beers with a buddy or celebrating Wine Wednesday with your BFFs, a choice beverage can help make for a memorable evening. The po...
How can I enjoy alcohol safely?
The best way to enjoy alcohol safely is to drink only in moderation. Recommendations are that women ...
Should I drink in moderation to protect my heart?
Randolph P. Martin, MDRandolph P. Martin, MD
Modest to low intake of alcohol on a regular basis has been known to decrease your chance of a heart...
Is There a Difference Between Light and Dark Beers?