Are there alternative treatments for hangovers?

Many alternative treatments for hangovers exist but there is insufficient proof of their safety and efficacy. Herbal supplements and vitamins (such as borage, prickly pear cactus extract, and certain B vitamins) may offer relief of hangover symptoms, but these remedies need further study. For safety, be sure to let your doctor know if you're taking supplements of any kind.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

Can Drinking Alcohol Raise Your Cancer Risk?
Did you know alcohol is a risk factor for cancer? If you answered no, you’re not alone. According to the American Institute for Cancer Research (AIRC)...
How can employers help prevent drinking and driving?
To help prevent drinking and driving, employers can set policies that immediately take away all work...
How much alcohol should I drink daily to help my heart?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Dozens of studies have suggested that moderate consumption of alcohol reduces the risk for heart...
Is Binge Drinking Serious?
Is Binge Drinking Serious?