Should I use "hair of the dog" to treat my hangover?

The "hair of the dog" method is not advised for treating a hangover. Drinking more alcohol in order to relieve hangover symptoms will likely worsen your symptoms and may lead to other problems. Stick to non-alcoholic beverages for hydration and relief of hangover symptoms.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

Is There a Safe Amount of Alcohol?
Is There a Safe Amount of Alcohol?
If you relax or unwind with an occasional beer or glass of wine, you may be wondering if this habit is good for you, bad for you—or maybe somewhere in...
Which is healthier, vodka or brandy?
Brandy is better for you than vodka. Learn why in this video with Dr. Oz.  
Should I eat before going out for drinks?
Keri GansKeri Gans
You should eat a meal before you go for drinks. If it is an early night, eat a snack. Without a meal...
How to Pick a Healthy Beer
How to Pick a Healthy Beer