Should I eat before going out for drinks?

Keri Gans
You should eat a meal before you go for drinks. If it is an early night, eat a snack. Without a meal or snack, you will most likely drink more and wind up eating poorly later. Calories from alcohol do count, and they don’t give you the nutrients that keep you feeling satisfied.
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

What’s the Healthiest Drinking Age?
What’s the Healthiest Drinking Age?
In The Hangover (2008), Zach Galifianakis (Alan), Bradley Cooper (Phil) and Justin Bartha (Doug) prove the point that researchers from Boston Universi...
Should I drink in moderation to protect my heart?
Randolph P. Martin, MDRandolph P. Martin, MD
Modest to low intake of alcohol on a regular basis has been known to decrease your chance of a heart...
What are the drinking guidelines for women?
For most women, guidelines for drinking suggest consumption of no more than one standard drink per d...
Why Craft Beer Is Better
Why Craft Beer Is Better