While we lack solid evidence showing resveratrol’s effectiveness in natural dietary supplements, we do have substantiation that resveratrol works in red wine. Researchers have also found that resveratrol blocks the activation of the COX-2 enzyme, the real culprit in igniting inflammation and pain in the body. Some believe that resveratrol may turn out to be an improvement over aspirin in treating painful diseases associated with COX-2, such as osteoarthritis.
- Q How can I get the health benefits of red wine from white wine?
- Q How does alcohol reverse aging of the arteries?
- Q Can drinking alcohol slow aging?
- Q How could alcohol be beneficial?
- Q Is red wine as good for me as I have read?
- Q Which alcoholic beverages have health benefits?