While we lack solid evidence showing resveratrol’s effectiveness in natural dietary supplements, we do have substantiation that resveratrol works in red wine. Researchers have also found that resveratrol blocks the activation of the COX-2 enzyme, the real culprit in igniting inflammation and pain in the body. Some believe that resveratrol may turn out to be an improvement over aspirin in treating painful diseases associated with COX-2, such as osteoarthritis.
- Q Which alcoholic beverages have health benefits?
- Q What are some benefits of drinking alcohol?
- Q Can drinking alcohol slow aging?
- Q How can I get the health benefits of red wine from white wine?
- Q Is drinking wine healthy?
- Q What drinks help protect my arteries?