While we lack solid evidence showing resveratrol’s effectiveness in natural dietary supplements, we do have substantiation that resveratrol works in red wine. Researchers have also found that resveratrol blocks the activation of the COX-2 enzyme, the real culprit in igniting inflammation and pain in the body. Some believe that resveratrol may turn out to be an improvement over aspirin in treating painful diseases associated with COX-2, such as osteoarthritis.
- Q Is drinking wine healthy?
- Q Does white wine have any health benefits?
- Q How much wine should a woman drink every day?
- Q How could alcohol be beneficial?
- Q What are the benefits of drinking alcohol for heart health?
- Q What drinks help protect my arteries?