Is it OK to have a glass of wine or alcoholic beverage to help me sleep?

Not really. While alcohol might make you drowsy or sleepy, it will keep you out of the deep stages of sleep. In addition alcohol is a diuretic and will make you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, further disrupting your sleep. It really is better to keep our wine with your meal, rather than at bedtime.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

The Hidden Health Risks of That Extra Drink
“It’s quarter to three and there’s no one in the place, but you and me. One for my baby and one more for the road.” That’s the chorus of the hit song,...
How much alcohol is it healthy for a woman to drink?
Studies appear to suggest that it is beneficial to a woman’s overall cardiovascular health to consum...
Between dark or light alcohol, which is healthier for me?
Drinking in moderation can actually be healthy for you because it decreases risk of cardiovascul...
Light Drinking May Lift Your Mood
Light Drinking May Lift Your Mood