Is it OK to have a glass of wine or alcoholic beverage to help me sleep?

Not really. While alcohol might make you drowsy or sleepy, it will keep you out of the deep stages of sleep. In addition alcohol is a diuretic and will make you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, further disrupting your sleep. It really is better to keep our wine with your meal, rather than at bedtime.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

combating drunk driving in hawaii
combating drunk driving in hawaii
drunk driving is a crime . getting behind the wheel while intoxicated not only puts your life in danger , it puts the lives of innocent victims at ris...
should i drink in moderation to protect my heart ?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Despite some studies that have shown that alcohol can be beneficial in reducing the risks of heart d...
why are women more sensitive to the effects of alcohol than men ?
Women are more sensitive to the effects of alcohol than men are and develop serious alcohol problems...
how much alcohol should i drink a day ?
Neal SpruceNeal Spruce
There is no “should” drink recommendations for alcohol, but health benefits have been associated wit...