How long will my hangover last?

The length of a hangover can vary, with symptoms starting as your blood alcohol begins to fall. Generally, you won't feel symptoms for longer than 24 hours after your blood alcohol level reaches zero. Hangovers are often considered a sort of withdrawal period from alcohol, and so your symptoms will likely be relieved when your body has regained its normal, balanced status.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

That Weekend Bender Is More Damaging Than You Thought
It’s hard to watch a movie or television show without observing some sort of event that involves drinking. But what these movies and television shows ...
How does alcohol affect my heart?
A daily glass or two of red wine or other alcoholic beverage may help lower your risk for cardiovasc...
What can states do to help prevent drinking and driving?
To help prevent drunk driving, states can enforce 0.08% blood alcohol concentration and minimum lega...
The 3 Healthy Ingredients in Beer
The 3 Healthy Ingredients in Beer