How do hangovers affect a person's life?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Hangovers may seem to be a mere annoyance, but they can have profound effects on a person's life. In addition to making you feel lousy, hangovers can affect your performance at work, reduce your general productivity, and lead to absenteeism. Since hangovers can make you clumsier (even after the alcohol is no longer detectable in your blood), there is a heightened likelihood that you will injure yourself at home or at work.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

Is happy hour good for the heart?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
It seems that a couple of beers after you finish work for the day can help raise your HDL cholestero...
If I drink beer, how much should I drink?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
To get the health benefits of beer without the negative side effects, men should limit their consump...
Which is healthier, vodka or brandy?
Brandy is better for you than vodka. Learn why in this video with Dr. Oz.  
Why are women more sensitive to the effects of alcohol than men?
Dr. Paul  Hokemeyer, PhDDr. Paul Hokemeyer, PhD
There are three key physical factors that make women more susceptible to alcohol related problems th...