How do hangovers affect a person's life?

Hangovers may seem to be a mere annoyance, but they can have profound effects on a person's life. In addition to making you feel lousy, hangovers can affect your performance at work, reduce your general productivity, and lead to absenteeism. Since hangovers can make you clumsier (even after the alcohol is no longer detectable in your blood), there is a heightened likelihood that you will injure yourself at home or at work.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

Wait, So Now Wine Is Bad for You?
Wait, So Now Wine Is Bad for You?
If you read news online or watch TV—heck, if you have eyes and ears—you’ve likely heard that red wine is good for you. For years, it’s been claimed to...
Which cocktails are better for me than others?
All alcohol contains calories, but there are some choices that are better than others. Avoid fancy d...
How much alcohol should I drink daily to help my heart?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Dozens of studies have suggested that moderate consumption of alcohol reduces the risk for heart...
How Does Alcohol Affect Sleep?
How Does Alcohol Affect Sleep?