How can drinking alcohol affect me as I get older?

Alcohol affects older people more intensely than younger people because of changes in body chemistry as we age. So you might not know your limits as well as you once did. For seniors, alcohol can increase the risk of falls and car crashes. Plus, alcohol can wreak havoc with medications, negating their effects, exacerbating their side effects and even making them toxic.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

What’s the Healthiest Drinking Age?
What’s the Healthiest Drinking Age?
In The Hangover (2008), Zach Galifianakis (Alan), Bradley Cooper (Phil) and Justin Bartha (Doug) prove the point that researchers from Boston Universi...
That Weekend Bender Is More Damaging Than You Thought
It’s hard to watch a movie or television show without observing some sort of event that involves drinking. But what these movies and television shows ...
How can alcohol affect sexual performance?
Jan L. Shifren, MDJan L. Shifren, MD
Some men with erectile dysfunction find that having one drink can help them relax, but heavy use of ...
Beware of Drinking and Holiday Heart Syndrome