How common are hangovers?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Alcohol hangovers are a common illness. Among people who drink alcohol, up to 75 percent have experienced hangover symptoms at least once. Evidence is conflicting on whether or not chronic heavy drinking eventually makes you less likely to have a hangover, although it is important to remember that chronic alcohol consumption can have numerous negative effects on your health.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

Hawaii Health Alert: Is There a Safe Amount of Alcohol?
If you relax or unwind with an occasional beer or Mai Tai, you may be wondering if this habit is good for you, bad for you—or maybe somewhere in betwe...
Combating Drunk Driving in Hawaii
Combating Drunk Driving in Hawaii
Drunk driving is a crime. Getting behind the wheel while intoxicated not only puts your life in danger, it puts the lives of innocent victims at risk....
What Should I Know About Drinking Champagne?
Beware of Drinking and Holiday Heart Syndrome