How can I avoid drinking too much when I'm out with friends?

There’s nothing wrong with having a cocktail or two, but it’s easy to overdo it. The next time you’re your sipping on something with friends, consider these points:
  • Cut back: Having only two glasses of red wine as opposed to four translates into saving about 300 calories a night. Over the course of a year, that’s 21 cups of sugar, equating to a 5-pound weight loss.
  • Make smart swaps: Instead of wine, try a vodka and soda. You’ll save around 100 calories. Flavored vodka with soda water provides a bubbly burst of sweetness without the excessive sugar or calories.
  • If your drink of choice is white wine, try creating your own spritzer: Use about 4 ounces of white wine with a big splash of lemon-lime seltzer water for around only 100 calories.
  • Go virgin: Don’t forget, you can still toast with classy cocktails sans alcohol.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

The Hidden Health Risks of That Extra Drink
“It’s quarter to three and there’s no one in the place, but you and me. One for my baby and one more for the road.” That’s the chorus of the hit song,...
Should I eat before going out for drinks?
Keri GansKeri Gans
You should eat a meal before you go for drinks. If it is an early night, eat a snack. Without a meal...
What is low-risk drinking?
Low-risk drinking is defined as drinking within the recommended limits published by the National Ins...
Does Your Face Flush After Drinking Alcohol?