How can alcohol intake affect bone mass?

For better bone health, it's important to avoid drinking too much alcohol, which can inhibit bone formation. In people who already have osteoporosis, alcohol can affect your balance, making you prone to falling and breaking a bone. If you choose to drink alcohol, drink in moderation to protect your overall health, including your bone health. For women, moderate drinking is no more than one drink per day, equal to 12 fluid ounces of beer, 5 fluid ounces of wine, or 1.5 ounces of distilled spirits.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

How does alcohol affect my heart?
A daily glass or two of red wine or other alcoholic beverage may help lower your risk for cardiovasc...
Can women get wine bellies like men get beer bellies?
Wine is supposed to be healthy for you, but can it pack on the pounds? Dr. Oz says that women can ge...
How can I help prevent drunk driving?
Everyone can help prevent drinking and driving by choosing not to drink and drive and help others do...
How can employers help prevent drinking and driving?
To help prevent drinking and driving, employers can set policies that immediately take away all work...