Why would my doctor prescribe albuterol?

If your doctor prescribes albuterol for you, it would be to treat a lung condition such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Albuterol works as a bronchodilator -- it relaxes and opens the airways, which makes it easier for you to breathe. Albuterol comes in several forms -- tablets, syrup, extended-release tablets, inhaler and nebulizer; your doctor will determine which form of albuterol is right for you.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

What happens if I miss a dose of albuterol?
If you miss a dose of albuterol, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it, and take remai...
Who should not take albuterol sulfate?
If you're allergic to any ingredient in albuterol sulfate or if you've ever had a reaction to ot...
How should I take albuterol extended-release tablets?
Follow your doctor’s instructions for taking albuterol extended-release tablets, which come in d...
Who should not take albuterol?
You should not take albuterol if you are allergic or taking another sympathomimetic medication, ...