Why would my doctor prescribe albuterol syrup?

Albuterol syrup may be prescribed for people who cannot or do not want to take this drug in its other forms, such as tablets or through an inhaler. This drug is approved for children age 2 years and over and adults to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), such as wheezing or bronchial spasms that make it hard to breathe. It works by relaxing the air passages in the lungs, making it easier for you to breathe.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

How does albuterol treat hyperkalemia?
Albuterol lowers the elevated potassium levels in the bloodstream that characterize hyperkalemia...
How should I store albuterol extended-release tablets?
You should store albuterol extended-release tablets at room temperature, tightly closed in the o...
Who should take albuterol extended-release tablets?
Albuterol extended-release tablets are prescribed for people with asthma or chronic obstructive ...
Who should take albuterol?
Albuterol is intended for both children and adults to relieve breathing difficulties caused by a...