What is Proventil HFA?

Proventil HFA is an inhaled medication containing the active ingredient albuterol used to treat asthma and bronchospasm associated with asthma. These conditions can cause the muscles in your airways to tighten up and restrict air flow to your lungs. When inhaled, albuterol helps treat this condition by relaxing your airway muscles. It can also help prevent bronchospasms from happening. Albuterol is part of a class of drugs called beta-adrenergic receptors agonist.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

What should I know before taking albuterol extended-release tablets?
Albuterol extended-release tablets may sometimes lead to the sudden exacerbation of breathing pr...
What happens if I miss a dose of albuterol?
If you miss a dose of albuterol, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it, and take remai...
If I am pregnant, is it safe to use albuterol?
Little is known about the effects of albuterol during pregnancy. But there's no question that th...
How should I take albuterol sulfate?
How you take albuterol, a drug used to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, d...