What is Proair HFA?

Proair HFA is an inhaled medication containing the active ingredient albuterol used to treat asthma and bronchospasm associated with asthma. These conditions can cause the muscles in your airways to tighten up and restrict air flow to your lungs. When inhaled, albuterol helps treat this condition by relaxing your airway muscles. It can also help prevent bronchospasms from happening. Albuterol is part of a class of drugs called beta-adrenergic receptors agonist.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Is it safe for my child to take albuterol?
Whether albuterol is safe for your child depends on how the drug is formulated and how old your ...
Who should not take albuterol extended-release tablets?
To avoid potential complications or side effects, don't take albuterol extended-release tablets ...
What should I know about albuterol before taking it?
Albuterol is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
Is it possible to overdose on albuterol?
It is possible to overdose on albuterol. Too much of this drug, which treats lung conditions suc...