What is Proair HFA?

Proair HFA is an inhaled medication containing the active ingredient albuterol used to treat asthma and bronchospasm associated with asthma. These conditions can cause the muscles in your airways to tighten up and restrict air flow to your lungs. When inhaled, albuterol helps treat this condition by relaxing your airway muscles. It can also help prevent bronchospasms from happening. Albuterol is part of a class of drugs called beta-adrenergic receptors agonist.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Is it possible to overdose on albuterol?
It is possible to overdose on albuterol. Too much of this drug, which treats lung conditions suc...
Is Albuterol safe for pregnant or breast feeding women?
Terrie WatkinsTerrie Watkins
Albuterol is a category "C" medication which means some animal studies have indicated a possible pro...
What should I avoid while taking Albuterol?
You may need to avoid certain prescription medications and over-the-counter drugs while taking a...
Why would my doctor prescribe albuterol?
If your doctor prescribes albuterol for you, it would be to treat a lung condition such as asthm...