What happens if I miss a dose of albuterol?

If you miss a dose of albuterol, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it, and take remaining doses for the day at evenly spaced intervals. If it is time or almost time for your next dose, however, do not take the missed dose. You do not want to double dose. Overdosing on albuterol can worsen side effects and, in some cases, lead to heart attack and death.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

How should I store albuterol extended-release tablets?
You should store albuterol extended-release tablets at room temperature, tightly closed in the o...
Why would my doctor prescribe albuterol syrup?
Albuterol syrup may be prescribed for people who cannot or do not want to take this drug in its ...
What is albuterol syrup?
Albuterol syrup is a prescription drug that prevents and relieves bronchospasms (airway spasms) ...
Could I have an allergic reaction to albuterol syrup?
It's possible to have an allergic reaction to albuterol syrup or to other ingredients in this as...