Is Ventolin HFA safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women?

At this time, albuterol, the active ingredient in Ventolin HFA, is the first-line therapy for treatment of mild intermittent asthma during pregnancy, if treatment is required. Talk to your doctor about the safety of Ventolin HFA treatment for you specifically if you are pregnant or nursing.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

What should I know about albuterol sulfate before taking it?
Before taking albuterol sulfate, you should know about some of the risks associated with it. Albuter...
What happens if I miss a dose of albuterol?
If you miss a dose of albuterol, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it, and take remai...
What should I tell my doctor before taking albuterol?
Audrey K. Chun, MDAudrey K. Chun, MD
Before taking albuterol, tell your doctor if you have or have ever had an irregular heartbeat, h...
Could albuterol extended-release tablets cause headaches and tremors?
Headaches and tremors are two of the more commonly reported adverse effects associated with albu...