How soon after taking salbutamol will my symptoms improve?

Each of the several prescription drugs that contain salbutamol, also named albuterol, have different effect times. In general, the drugs that are taken by inhaler take about 10 to 15 minutes or less to make a change in breathing ability. The kinds that are administered with a nebulizer take about 30 minutes or less. These are not intended to help acute episodes of breathing problems. All forms of salbutamol may be prescribed to be taken regularly, because the positive effects last two to six hours, which will help maintain breathing ability over the course of the day. For people with exercise-induced bronchospasm, salbutamol is taken 15 to 30 minutes before exercise to prevent a spasm.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Could albuterol extended-release tablets cause headaches and tremors?
Headaches and tremors are two of the more commonly reported adverse effects associated with albu...
How does albuterol treat hyperkalemia?
Albuterol lowers the elevated potassium levels in the bloodstream that characterize hyperkalemia...
How soon after taking albuterol will my symptoms improve?
Depending on the severity of your symptoms and dose form used (inhalation, tablet or liquid), yo...
Why would my doctor prescribe albuterol?
If your doctor prescribes albuterol for you, it would be to treat a lung condition such as asthm...