How soon after taking salbutamol will my symptoms improve?

Each of the several prescription drugs that contain salbutamol, also named albuterol, have different effect times. In general, the drugs that are taken by inhaler take about 10 to 15 minutes or less to make a change in breathing ability. The kinds that are administered with a nebulizer take about 30 minutes or less. These are not intended to help acute episodes of breathing problems. All forms of salbutamol may be prescribed to be taken regularly, because the positive effects last two to six hours, which will help maintain breathing ability over the course of the day. For people with exercise-induced bronchospasm, salbutamol is taken 15 to 30 minutes before exercise to prevent a spasm.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

are there any risks in taking albuterol ?
In rare cases, when taking albuterol an allergic reaction or serious side effect can occur. Do n...
who should not take albuterol sulfate ?
If you're allergic to any ingredient in albuterol sulfate or if you've ever had a reaction to ot...
is it safe for my child to take albuterol extended-release tablets ?
If your child is older than 6 years, it's most likely safe for her to take albuterol extended-re...
does albuterol interact with other medications ?
Yes, albuterol is known to interact with some medications. Taking albuterol in conjunction with ...