Is Proair HFA used to treat exercise-induced breathing problems?

Yes, Proair HFA can be prescribed to help prevent breathing problems brought on by exercise. Your doctor may prescribe a certain number of puffs of Proair HFA to be taken 15 to 30 minutes before you exercise. These doses help to prevent the muscles in your airways from tightening and restricting the flow of air to your lungs during and after exercise.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Is it safe to take albuterol if I'm breastfeeding?
If you're breastfeeding, any potential risks to your baby depend largely on the type of albutero...
What should I know about albuterol sulfate before taking it?
Before taking albuterol sulfate, you should know about some of the risks associated with it. Albuter...
What should I know about albuterol before taking it?
Albuterol is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
What are the side effects of albuterol tablets?
In rare cases, albuterol extended-release tablets may cause a severe allergic reaction that lead...