Is there a generic version of albuterol?

Albuterol itself is a generic drug. Since albuterol is available as a metered dose inhaler, inhalation solution, tablet, time-release tablet and syrup, there are many brand names. Albuterol is also known as AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

If I am pregnant, is it safe to use albuterol?
Little is known about the effects of albuterol during pregnancy. But there's no question that th...
Is it safe for my child to take albuterol extended-release tablets?
If your child is older than 6 years, it's most likely safe for her to take albuterol extended-re...
What should I know before taking albuterol syrup?
Albuterol syrup may sometimes lead to the sudden exacerbation of breathing problems. This is kno...
What should I know about albuterol sulfate before taking it?
Before taking albuterol sulfate, you should know about some of the risks associated with it. Albuter...