Is it safe for my child to take albuterol?

Whether albuterol is safe for your child depends on how the drug is formulated and how old your child is. There is an albuterol solution for use in a nebulizer that's approved for children between 2 and 12, but the aerosol version used in inhalers is not recommended for children younger than age 12. Albuterol sulfate tablets and extended-release tablets should not be given to children younger than age 6. The syrup form of albuterol sulfate is not recommended for children younger than age 2.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Could albuterol extended-release tablets cause headaches and tremors?
Headaches and tremors are two of the more commonly reported adverse effects associated with albu...
How should I take albuterol?
You should take albuterol exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Albuterol can be taken with a me...
Is it possible to overdose on albuterol?
It is possible to overdose on albuterol. Too much of this drug, which treats lung conditions suc...
What are the side effects of albuterol syrup?
Among the most common side effects of albuterol syrup are dizziness, blurred vision, nausea, dia...