Is it safe for my child to take albuterol?

Whether albuterol is safe for your child depends on how the drug is formulated and how old your child is. There is an albuterol solution for use in a nebulizer that's approved for children between 2 and 12, but the aerosol version used in inhalers is not recommended for children younger than age 12. Albuterol sulfate tablets and extended-release tablets should not be given to children younger than age 6. The syrup form of albuterol sulfate is not recommended for children younger than age 2.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

do albuterol extended-release tablets interact with other medications ?
Albuterol extended-release tablets may interact with other medications, so it is important to te...
how should i take albuterol ?
You should take albuterol exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Albuterol can be taken with a me...
is it safe to take albuterol if i am breastfeeding ?
If you're breastfeeding, any potential risks to your baby depend largely on the type of albutero...
how should i take albuterol syrup ?
Albuterol syrup is taken by mouth to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COP...