How should I take Ventolin HFA?

You should use your Ventolin HFA inhaler exactly as directed by your doctor. Typically, this will be several puffs several times a day as needed for symptoms. Before using Ventolin HFA, shake the inhaler. Exhale completely, close the lips around the mouthpiece, take a slow and deep breath as you press down on the canister. Hold your breath for 10 seconds and then exhale. Repeat according to the directions from the doctor. Rinse the mouthpiece with warm water after use.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Is it possible to overdose on albuterol?
It is possible to overdose on albuterol. Too much of this drug, which treats lung conditions suc...
Is it safe to take albuterol if I'm breastfeeding?
If you're breastfeeding, any potential risks to your baby depend largely on the type of albutero...
Why would my doctor prescribe albuterol syrup?
Albuterol syrup may be prescribed for people who cannot or do not want to take this drug in its ...
What should I know before taking albuterol extended-release tablets?
Albuterol extended-release tablets may sometimes lead to the sudden exacerbation of breathing pr...