How should I take Proventil HFA?

Proventil HFA (albuterol inhaler) should be used exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Before using it for the first time, you should shake and prime the inhaler by pumping four sprays in the air. Always shake the inhaler before using it. Then breathe out, put the inhaler mouthpiece into your mouth with the canister pointing up, and spray once. Breathe in the medication for 10 seconds and then breathe out slowly. Wait at least one minute before taking another dose. Then rinse your mouth with water and spit it out. Do not swallow the water. Make sure your child knows how to use the Proventil HFA inhaler correctly before allowing him to use it without your supervision. Remember to keep your inhaler clean and dry.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

are there any risks to taking albuterol extended-release tablets ?
The most common minor side effects of albuterol extended-release tablets are nervousness, tremor...
what should i know before taking albuterol syrup ?
Albuterol syrup may sometimes lead to the sudden exacerbation of breathing problems. This is kno...
how should i take albuterol extended-release tablets ?
Follow your doctor’s instructions for taking albuterol extended-release tablets, which come in d...
is it safe for my child to take albuterol extended-release tablets ?
If your child is older than 6 years, it's most likely safe for her to take albuterol extended-re...