How should I take Proventil HFA?

Proventil HFA (albuterol inhaler) should be used exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Before using it for the first time, you should shake and prime the inhaler by pumping four sprays in the air. Always shake the inhaler before using it. Then breathe out, put the inhaler mouthpiece into your mouth with the canister pointing up, and spray once. Breathe in the medication for 10 seconds and then breathe out slowly. Wait at least one minute before taking another dose. Then rinse your mouth with water and spit it out. Do not swallow the water. Make sure your child knows how to use the Proventil HFA inhaler correctly before allowing him to use it without your supervision. Remember to keep your inhaler clean and dry.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

What should I know before taking albuterol syrup?
Albuterol syrup may sometimes lead to the sudden exacerbation of breathing problems. This is kno...
How soon after taking albuterol will my symptoms improve?
Depending on the severity of your symptoms and dose form used (inhalation, tablet or liquid), yo...
How should I take albuterol extended-release tablets?
Follow your doctor’s instructions for taking albuterol extended-release tablets, which come in d...
How does albuterol help treat asthma?
Asthma is a condition in which the airways in your lungs get narrow, swell up, produce excess mucus ...