How should I take Proair HFA?

Proair HFA (albuterol inhaler) should be used exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Before using it for the first time, you should shake and prime the inhaler by pumping four sprays into the air. Always shake the inhaler before using it. Then breathe out, put the inhaler mouthpiece into your mouth with the canister pointing up, and spray once. Breathe in the medication for 10 seconds and then breathe out slowly. Wait at least one minute before taking another dose. Then rinse your mouth with water and spit it out. Do not swallow the water. Make sure your child knows how to use the Proair HFA inhaler correctly before allowing him or her to use it without your supervision. Remember to keep your inhaler clean and dry.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

What happens if I miss a dose of albuterol?
If you miss a dose of albuterol, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it, and take remai...
Why would my doctor prescribe albuterol?
If your doctor prescribes albuterol for you, it would be to treat a lung condition such as asthm...
Is it safe for my child to take albuterol?
Whether albuterol is safe for your child depends on how the drug is formulated and how old your ...
How should I take albuterol sulfate?
How you take albuterol, a drug used to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, d...